Standing Committee on Government Operations (SCGO)
The Standing Committee on Government Operations shall consider the following matters with respect to the Departments of Aboriginal Affairs and Intergovernmental Relations; the Executive; Finance; and Human Resources:
- Review multi-year business plans and budgets, Bills, boards and agencies;
- Review departmental performance and official language issues, including that of boards and agencies;
- Review, as necessary or appropriate, the annual and other reports of the Statutory Officers of the Legislative Assembly, including the Languages Commissioner, the Information and Privacy Commissioner, the Equal Pay Commissioner and the Human Rights Commission;
- Examine the reports of the annual financial statements and public accounts of the Government of the Northwest Territories and the Report of the Auditor General.
- In the event that the Assembly is not in Session, the Speaker may provide the Auditor General's Report and the Minister of Finance may provide the Public Accounts to the Committee for review, which may include the public hearing, in advance of tabling; and
- Consider any other matter referred by the House.
Committee Members: Michael M. Nadli (Chair), Wendy Bisaro (Deputy Chair), Daryl Dolynny, Alfred Moses, Norman Yakeleya
Alternates: Frederick Blake Jr., Robert Bouchard, Robert Hawkins
Clerk: Jennifer Knowlan
Researcher: Marina Devine
17th Assembly Reports
16th Assembly Reports
Report on Transition Matters
Auditor General of Canada Report on the NWT Housing Corporation - Public Housing and Ownership Programs - 2008