The Legislative Assembly's Board of Management is established under the Legislative Assembly and Executive Council Act.
The establishment of the Board emphasizes the responsibility that Members have for the general administration of the Legislative Assembly and confirms the independence of the Legislature from the Executive branch of government.
The Speaker has the primary responsibility for the services and programs required by the Assembly and its Members. Its responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- compiling and approving the annual budgetary estimates for the operation of the Legislative Assembly
- reviewing Legislative Assembly expenditures
- arranging for adequate space for the Assembly operation
- establishing the organization and staff of the Legislative Assembly
- administering the indemnities, allowances, expenses and benefits to Members
- setting the regulations and policies for all services to be provided to Members.