Independent Commission to Review Members' Compensation and Benefits
The Commission shall:
- Review and assess the indemnities, additional indemnities, allowances, expenses and benefits provided to Members and Ministers to determine the adequacy and appropriateness of the amounts provided;
- Review and assess specific items referred to the Commission by the Board of Management;
- Review and assess the reporting requirements and procedures for Members' and Ministers' expenditures to determine the level of accountability acceptable to the public;
- Review any other matter that the Commission considers relevant and respecting the compensation, allowances and benefits provided to all Members and Ministers; and
- Provide to the Speaker, within ten months after the day the Commission is established, a report setting out any recommendations for change that the Commission determines should be made to Members' and Ministers' indemnities, allowances, reimbursements and other benefits.
The Commission shal consist of three individuals who are indpendent, neutral and knowledgeable. Preferably, the Commission shall consist of a former member of the Legislative Assembly, a professional with a relevant financial or legal designation and experience, and an interested member of the public. Appointments to the Commission will also take into account regional representation within the NWT.
The Legislative Assembly will provide honoraria and reasonable expenses to attend meetings for members of the Commission.
Interested paplicants should include a cutticulum vitae and a cover letter detailing experience and accomplishments relevant to appointment to the Commission. The Assembly will receive applications for these appointments until:
Friday, Oct 6 at 5:00 p.m.
Please address submissions to
Independent Commission to Review
Members Compensation and Benefits
Office of the Clerk
P.O. Box 1320
Yellowknife, NT X1A 2L7
Senior Advisor to the Clerk
Telephone: (867) 767-9130 ext. 12011
Fax: (867) 873-0432